Bread making with the Scraper Mixer Pro from Sage Appliances
|The Sage in action!|
A lovely even pliable mix
|Adding the filling to our stromboli|
|Rolling in the sides to secure the filling|
|Lunch is served...|
|A gorgeous selection of freshly made breads;|
Stromboli, focaccia, fennel bread and black olive bread
- Mix the flour and salt together in the bowl of the mixer.
- Add the dried yeast to the tepid water and stir. This will activate the yeast.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeasty water, spoon in the olive oil.
- With the mixer on slow, combine both the flour and liquid together to form a dough.
- Continue to knead/mix for around 8 minutes. The dough should be smooth and elastic. If you find it a little sticky add a touch more flour.
- Form the dough into a ball and place into a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and allow to prove for 1 hour 30 minutes in a warm area of the kitchen away from any draught.
- Prepare the filling. Into a bowl tumble in your ingredients. Mix with a fork, cover and set aside.
- Lightly flour the surface and turn out the dough. Roll the dough to the size of a swiss roll tin around 30 x 25cm.
- Turn the dough so the shortest side is facing you. Sprinkle over the filling allowing a margin of 1-2cm all the way around.
- Roll from the shortest side, tucking in the edges as you go.
- Place onto a baking tray and cover with cling film. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas 4
- Bake the Stromboli for 35 minutes until golden, serve with a lovely green salad and a glass of chilled Prosecco!
Happy baking xx