Recipe for Thorntons Chocolate Pistachio fudge
|Belgian Milk Choc Block, Milk Choc Block with Fudge, Orange and Cardamom Choc Block, Special Toffee Milk Choc Block, Award-winning Pistachio Block, Hazelnut and Raisin Block, Award-winning Strawberry Block|
The result was lots of little blocks of chocolate pistachio heaven that I kept in my fridge and dipped in to grab one whenever I needed a fix, in true Nigella style!
(adapted from Nigella's chocolate fudge recipe)
1 x 80g bar thorntons milk chocolate with pistachio
(chopped, minimum 70% cocoa solids)
1 x can
- Put the chopped chocolate, , butter and salt in a heavy-based pan on a low heat, and stir to melt.
- Put the nuts into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into both big and little pieces.
- Add the nuts to the melted chocolate and and stir well to mix.
- Pour the mixture into a foil tray 23cm / 9 inch square, smoothing the top.
- Let the fudge cool, and refrigerate until set. You can then cut it into small pieces approx. 3 x 2.25cm / 1¾ x 1¾ inches. Cutting 8 x 10 / 7 x 7 lines in the tin to give 64 pieces best achieves this.
- Once cut, it can be kept in the freezer - no need to thaw just eat straight away.