Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!!

Hope you all had a lurved up weekend...

I had a very busy weekend with Valentine's orders, a fab event at an art gallery in Daventry and the farmers market. Here's some pics...



The 'Bliss-ful' boxes sold really well and the feedback was brilliant, everybody loved the chocolate strawberry lusciousness...  mmm!!


On Thursday I had an event at Evergreen Gallery in Daventry. They had an open evening for people to come along and browse the art on show. One particular artist they feature is Clinton Banbury, part of his work involves fairies and cupcakes and I was asked to produce a box for a raffle prize, this is what I came up with...



I was also supposed to be at a ladies pamper day at the leisure centre in Daventry but when I arrived there they had booked another lady selling cupcakes too! Now I don't normally mind a bit of competition, it's healthy, right?! But, it was a small event and the table cost was £30 (quite expensive for this kind of thing) so I decided it was only fair to both of us if I left... which meant I had a lot more cupcakes for the farmers market on Friday.  As it happened, I sold more than I thought I would at the gallery and at the market, and the leftovers... well, I sold them to some of the mums at school from my car boot... there's resourceful for you!


Also this week I did an order for a friend, the themes were walking, the Rotary club and Suffolk's pink cottages and this is what I came up with. I was pleased with the wood effect of the signpost, made by blending 2 shades of brown but not completely!


Plans for this week

Well, it's half term which means my sons are off school so I have some 'entertaining' to do!!! I am going to try a new recipe out tomorrow though... I'll let you know how it works out.

And still to come... Mother's day cupcake gift boxes

Watch this space.....

Comments

Popular Posts