Don't know about you but I always seem to end up with the odd black banana that is less than appetising... Instead of making muffins this time, I decided to make a deliciously light banana bread instead. One of my boys doesn't like bananas in their raw state, this is one way I find he is more than happy to devour them. Here's the recipe;
150g caster sugar
360g plain flour
15g baking powder
2.5g bicarbonate of soda
360g ripe bananas
3 medium eggs
120ml vegetable or sunflower oil
90g roughly chopped walnuts (optional - you could use chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C
- Butter and flour a bread loaf pan
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas, mix in the eggs and oil until well combined
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture, combine together then add the walnuts.
- Stir until the mix is just combined
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before turning out of the tin and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Happy baking xx