So we're still waiting for summer to really get going but every now and then we get these odd sunny days that call for an ice-cream or frozen dessert.
Last weekend was one of these days...
With no sign of an ice-cream van to feed my craving I took it upon myself to concoct something from whatever was in my fridge/freezer...
It was also a great opportunity to test some Natvia natural sweetener I'd been sent to test.
I love Greek style yogurt so there is always a tub or 2 in my fridge, usually the plain variety but this week I'd picked up Coconut flavour. You really could use any flavour here, strawberry or plain would work just as well.
I grabbed some coconut cream, frozen mango chunks and set to. Here is the result...
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Natvia (or caster) sugar
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup Greek style coconut yogurt
- 1 small tin Tesco coconut cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender or food processor add the remaining ingredients and blitz until you have a smooth puree.
- Add the cooled sugar mixture and whizz again just for a few seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a glass dish and for about an hour until the edges are frozen. Whisk gently to break up the edges and combine.
- Return to the freezer for a few more hours, whisking frequently until the mix is almost solid.
- Serve with some fresh mango slices and a sprinkling of toasted coconut on top.
Who needs Mr Whippy??
Happy baking xx