Recipe for Mango and coconut frozen yogurt


So we're still waiting for summer to really get going but every now and then we get these odd sunny days that call for an ice-cream or frozen dessert.
Last weekend was one of these days...
With no sign of an ice-cream van to feed my craving I took it upon myself to concoct something from whatever was in my fridge/freezer... 
It was also a great opportunity to test some Natvia natural sweetener I'd been sent to test.
I love Greek style yogurt so there is always a tub or 2 in my fridge, usually the plain variety but this week I'd picked up Coconut flavour. You really could use any flavour here, strawberry or plain would work just as well.
I grabbed some coconut cream, frozen mango chunks and set to. Here is the result...

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup Natvia (or caster) sugar
  • 1 cup frozen mango chunks
  • 1 cup Greek style coconut yogurt
  • 1 small tin Tesco coconut cream

Method
  • In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
  • In a blender or food processor add the remaining ingredients and blitz until you have a smooth puree.
  • Add the cooled sugar mixture and whizz again just for a few seconds.
  • Pour the mixture into a glass dish and for about an hour until the edges are frozen. Whisk gently to break up the edges and combine.
  • Return to the freezer for a few more hours, whisking frequently until the mix is almost solid.
  • Serve with some fresh mango slices and a sprinkling of toasted coconut on top.


Who needs Mr Whippy??

Happy baking xx



Comments

Popular Posts